Jan 24, 2009

The Narrow Way

I was walking on a narrow way
I could barely see the light of day.

No friendly face could I see.
Fell voices swirled all around me.

The dark was closing all around
When at last I cried out, and fell to the ground.

Oh God, my God, I need Thee now!
Please lift me up and wipe my brow.

At first I heard no reply;
I could not understand how God could lie.

Surely this could never be!
He told me He would never forsake me

But when I had quieted my weeping
And stilled my heart from its rapid beating

I heard the faintest sigh
And it came to pass by and by

That the darkness began to lift
And the mists began to drift.

I lifted up my head
From my self-inflicted world of dread.

I could see my path marked clearly before me
All along, prayer to God on High had been key.

No comments:

Post a Comment